We got to see the Royal Yacht Britannia. That was cool I guess.
We didn't stay for very long because it was freezing cold. The next thing we did was walk The Royal Mile, which is where all the little shops are and stuff and that was cool. We found the coolest Scottish music! It's the Red Hot Chili Peppers combined with bagpipes. Kylee and Michelle left at 10:30 to go to Liverpool and shortly afterward the rest of us went to church.
It was SO good to go to church! After not being to church for so long, it makes you appreciate it so much more. They were really friendly and cool and it was fast and testimony meeting which was really neat. There was a really good feeling there and I was just so happy to be there! We only stayed for sacrament meeting and then the usher had to come let us out because they lock the gate that goes out to the street for safety reasons. I've never heard of that before! I wonder if there's just a lot of opposition to the church here or something. There's only one ward in the entire city but it was pretty good sized...not huge or anything, but not tiny. It took like an hour to get to church and an hour to get back. I had another pb&j for lunch...haha. I was grateful for it though because if I hadn't had it with me it would have been a long time before I ate. We went to Edinburgh Castle next and it was way cool! It's supposed to be one of the top ten castles in the world.
Amanda and I headed to the train station after that and got some pasties for dinner. They were yummy! We were just in time to take the 6:00 train back to London and although it was a 5 hour ride it didn't seem that bad. I definitely prefer trains over airplanes. They just don't seem as cramped and there's never any turbulation or taking off and landing. We ended up just talking for the first hour or two and then we finally started working on our sketches. I have so many to do still! These teenage boys were sitting in front of us the whole time (and I'm sure they were listening to our conversation the entire time) and they started talking to us right before they got off. It was so hard to talk to them! They had the thickest Scottish accents and I couldn't understand half of what they were saying! They would have to repeat like 3 times. Sometimes we couldn't even tell if they were talking to us or themselves. We just laughed a lot and it was kind of awkward but it was really funny. I got three sketches done and a couple of patterns! yay! For the last hour we slept and as soon as we got off we booked it to the metro because it closes at 11:30. We were so tired when we got home and my shoulders were dead from lugging my backpack around all day. It felt way good to get into my bed. I was way glad that we were able to go to Scotland. We were originally going to just do a day trip to a castle on Saturday, but instead we got to see two castles and do a ton of other stuff! Even though we were technically only there for 24 hours I felt like we were there for a while and got a ton in so it was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment