the skies here are gorgeous
and I thought I had big feet...
hailstones. they were pretty big!
umbrella time!
bam! the colosseum!Today we finally arrived in Rome! After the longest flight of my life and almost throwing up...it is so weird to be somewhere where you're a foreigner! It still weird to me that English is no longer the native language, but I am amazed and grateful at how many people understand me. My Italian is limited to about 5 words. haha. First we got to shower and freshen up at the hotel and then we went straight to the colosseum which was absolutely stunning. You walk off the metro and BAM! there it is! It's crazy to something so ancient just in the middle of modern civilization. We took our pictures and just as we finished and started walking down the street the craziest rainstorm came out of nowhere. We were stuck in it for at least a half an hour all huddled up against a wall. Aside from the lightning and hailstones the size of marbles it was actually kind of funny, but needless to say most of our sightseeing for the day had to be postponed. We went to a really cool museum once it cleared up and I had real Italian pasta for dinner. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment