background

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 20-July 21

This morning it was so hard to wake up! I’ve been ok almost every other day, but today I did not want to get out of bed. We went to the British Museum which was cool but I’m kind of on museum overload at this point. It has the Rosetta Stone and parts of the Parthenon in it and those were really cool. The rest of it I didn’t care to see as much.
The British Museum, in all it's fame and glory

The Rosetta Stone...not the best picture, but it was pretty dang hard to even get this. WAY too many people!

Afterwards we went to a little museum in some architect’s house that just had a ton of stuff that he’s collected. It was pretty cool. There was so much stuff and so many passageways in the tiniest little space. It seemed like it went on forever. We went back to the British Museum after that and after looking around for a while longer we went to the cafeteria and ate lunch.
I thought this little vehicle was pretty sweet, nothing like anything I've ever seen! The cars here look a lot more like American cars than any of the other countries we've been to (aside from the steering wheel being on the right), but you still get a few funky ones here and there.

After both of the museums we headed over to St. Paul’s Cathedral. We couldn’t take any pictures inside but it was beautiful. Princess Diana was married there which I thought was cool.

We hiked up to the top of the dome and got a sweet view of London. On the inside of the dome there’s a whispering gallery. You can whisper into the wall and somehow it travels all the way around, so someone on the other side of the dome can hear you. It was way cool!!! After that we were free and Amanda and I headed home. We got on one of the wrong trains in the tube and had to get off at the next station and turn around though. It actually ended up being a good thing though because on the next train we met the sweetest Irish guy with the hottest accent in the world and he talked to us the whole time. It totally made our day! We haven’t been hit on by attractive guys for a while you see…haha. He was really nice. It was fun. He gave us some tips and stuff about London too so that was good. When we got out of the tube we stopped at a Tesco (they’re little mini grocery stores) to pick up some milk and goodies and after that we felt super rejuvenated and were in the best mood. We tried to make spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner and it was so hard! Haha. Our stove takes literally an hour to heat up so we eventually just tried to do it in the microwave. Also, we share a kitchen with twelve other people so it was just craziness. It turned out pretty good though, surprisingly. I guess that’s all that matters. Later tonight (before it got dark) Amanda and I went running. It felt SO good! We found the coolest park at the end of the street and we found a Buddhist shrine thing that we did a stair workout on and stretched at the top. It was way sweet. We kinda got lost trying to find our way out of the park so we ended up running longer than planned but it was good. We have to leave at 5:30 in the morning tomorrow :( so hopefully we can go to bed early

No comments:

Post a Comment