This morning we arrived in Paris and checked into our hotel. It’s way pretty here but I had no idea it was such a huge city! It was definitely not what I was expecting. The first thing we did was go find some lunch and I had the most delicious food I have ever had in my entire life! Yum. I am already impressed with French cuisine. Then we went with our entire group to the Eiffel tower. We didn’t go to the top or anything. We just sketched it but it was pretty sweet. It’s not really as tall as I imagined but it’s a pretty sweet tower just the same. I kept on having to pinch myself to see if I was really here. After that we had a free day but we didn’t really know what to do because we’re not familiar with the city yet. First we just showered and all that jazz and did some laundry and we tried to find a grocery store but failed. I went with a couple of girls to try and see the Paris Opera House but it closed about 10 minutes before we got there. We ended up just shopping because we didn’t have time to do anything else and didn’t know where to go. I’m kinda sick of shopping though. I don’t want to buy anything anymore so Manda and I basically just hung around and gave our fashion opinions. We rode the metro back to our hotel and I went and got some quiche and an éclair at the same place we ate lunch. It was way good. Two of the other girls I was with (Amanda and Laura) went and got pitas at a Lebanese restaurant. I guess the man making them felt bad for me or something that I wasn’t getting one so as I was walking out he gave an extra one to Laura to give to me! It was way funny! I thought that was cool though. I should try and get free food more often. I just didn’t know what to do with it because I was already full, so I had a couple of bites and gave it to someone else. This evening we went on a boat tour of Paris from the Seine river which was way pretty but it didn’t start till 10:30 so we didn’t get home till way late. I kind of felt like I was in Disneyland all night. That’s what French architecture reminds me of. France was kinda crazy tonight because it’s Bastille Day tomorrow (their independence day) and everyone was partying it up along the river. We totally got mooned on the way back to the dock. Also, Paris doesn’t seem as dirty as Rome but it smells way worse. I swear people must just pee in the street all the time because you can smell urine everywhere. Overall it was a pretty cool day but I didn’t feel like I did a whole ton.

Our signature pose in front of the Eiffel Tower

Singing opera at the opera house

Notre Dame. Josie and I make pretty good hunchbacks eh?

The Siene River

Eiffel Tower at night. SO pretty!
No comments:
Post a Comment