background

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 8-July 9


Beautiful Venice!


Our cute little hotel room


eating my delicious chocolate treat on the train...yummy but not the best lunch


This is all the floor space that we had in our Florence hotel. It was tiny! There were four of us crammed inside like sardines.

This morning we got to spend a little extra time in Florence and then we transferred to Venice on a three hour train ride. When we were sitting in the train station the cops came and demanded our passports and it totally freaked us out cuz they were writing down all our information and looking at them for like 20 minutes. I was pretty sure they were just fake cops trying to steal our identities and I was totally waiting for them to run away with our passports and leave us stranded (yeah, I get kinda paranoid sometimes). Anyways, it was really weird though and even the people around us thought that it was quite unusual. Maybe they just thought we looked suspicious…I’ll never know. We got our passports back though  Venice is absolutely gorgeous! It is so incredibly awesome. I am super pumped to be here. When we were waiting to check into our hotel we even saw jelly fish in the canal. Dinner was super yummy, especially cuz we hadn’t eaten lunch and were starving! I got gnocchi (it’s like potato bread dumplings with pasta sauce, kinda). It was really good. We just shopped around a bit and scouted out the city for the rest of the evening and then came back to our hotel. The roads are crazy in Venice and it’s supposed to be really easy to get lost but it’s cool. The hotel is beautiful and way nice and our internet is finally fast! Hooray! I can finally upload pictures!!!! Haha.

1 comment:

  1. I love Venice! My favorite is the Boat taxis. Definitely a Venice only thing. :)

    ReplyDelete