away from the historic stuff this is what rome looks like...tons and tons of graffiti. It's like the coolest and dirtiest city you've ever seen, depending on where you're at
I was fascinated by this towel thing in the bathroom...
Trevi Fountain!
inside the colosseumWe started the day by going to the Borghese gallery which has some of Bernini’s finest work. It was incredible. I loved the statue of Apollo & Daphne where he’s trying to catch her and she turns into a tree. We couldn’t take any pictures but it’s just as well because they probably couldn’t have done the museum justice. After that we had free time and Amanda and I visited the inside of the colosseum which was super cool but we had to do it in a half an hour so we were zipping through as fast as possible. It took us forever to find an exit. Ha! We had sweet tour of some churches around the city after that and our tour guide was amazing! She took us to some awesome places and knew a ton. She was just great in every way, and it was nice to finally know a little bit about what I was looking at. We also went to Trevi Fountain at the end and it was so much more incredible than I expected! It’s huge and incredibly detailed and it’s all just carved out of some hugely massive stone. The legend is that if you throw in one coin over your right shoulder then you'll come back to Rome. If you throw in two coins you'll meet a nice Italian man, and if you throw in three he'll ask you to marry him. I only threw one in...although I'm a sucker for foreigners I've decided I like living in the states too much so I should probably stick to marrying someone in my own country ;). All of these places make me wonder how anyone could be patient enough to make everything they did and with such detail. It amazes me how advanced people really were back then. It was definitely a way cool day but by the end we were all pretty wiped out. It’s amazing how much walking around can wear you out.
No comments:
Post a Comment