Today was our first free day in London. This morning we tried to sleep in but we were woken up to go get tickets for Wicked tonight. We lucked out and got enough! There were like eight of us. We came home I waited for Amanda to upload her patterns on her blog really fast and, then we went running in Hyde Park. It was really nice but my legs were pretty tired. I felt like I was going on a walk through memory lane because everything in the park today reminded me of something. The trees there reminded me of Bear Lake and family campouts there every year and when we ran around the pond there were a ton of pigeons and ducks that were flying around in front of us, just like state xc. We even passed a huge lawn full of lounge chairs that looked exactly like a Barbie chair I used to have. Haha. It seriously matched it to a t, same fabric and everything. It was kind of funny. That usually doesn’t happen to me, but maybe my mind is just getting more imaginative or something. Haha. I guess that’s a good thing because I could use some more creativity in my head. When we got back we had lunch (I had fruit and salad and made a nice little chicken and cheese quesadilla in the oven). We were pretty slow getting ready and such but it was way nice to just have a chill day. Amanda and I went to the Imperial War Museum and it was pretty cool. On the way over there we stopped at Hummingbird Bakery which has the most delicious cupcakes ever! I am tempted to bring some home with me.

I had a carrot cake one and it was SO good! We've decided that we should only eat one treat a day from now on and it was definitely a great treat-of-the day.

Manda and I standing outside of the Imperial War Museum

Right inside there were a ton of planes and tanks and other artillery. I thought the ceiling in there was way cool too. We went to the Holocaust exhibition first and it was so sad. I’d been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. and that one is incredible but this one was cool too just because it focused on different things. It focused a lot more on Poland and stuff as well as the groups of people that were targeted other than the Jews (disabled, homosexuals, gypsies, etc). Then we went to an exhibition about the children that were sent away during the bombings in London. When we got home Ashley had made us hamburgers for dinner and we took a quick 15 min power nap before heading over to Wicked as a group. We were supposed to meet Kylee at the tube station but we had come out on opposite sides of the street so it took awhile to find each other. It all worked out though!

getting pumped up in the theater before the show.
Wicked was so amazing!!! It was my second time seeing it and I think I liked the cast a little better when I saw it in L.A. but it was still SO good and I loved it! It was nice to review the whole story line again too because I found that I’d forgotten a lot.

In the best mood ever after the show.
As soon as we got home I went right to bed. It ended up being a pretty great day…relaxing and not super busy, but we did get a few things done which was fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment