background

Saturday, July 11, 2009

day 10

Our beautiful boat coming to pick us up
Chillin in the back of the boat. It was a windy ride but pretty awesome!


Fiery furnace of the glass factory

I loved this glass violin. It made me think of Dad and Michelle :)

more glass. There was tons and it was all so different in every room.

my kebab and peach juice. yum!

Today we went to the island of Murano to see the Mazzega glass factory. They picked us up right from our hotel on two little boats and drove us over there. It was so cool! At the factory they showed us how they make the glass and they made a little glass horse right in front of us. It was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! The guys that make the glass have all grown up doing it their entire lives. Only people in the family are allowed to work there and they have like 20+ years of training. After watching them we walked through all their showrooms of their best glass pieces and they were beautiful. We had an hour and a half on our own time to walk around the island and there were lots of shops and things selling different things made out of glass. It was really neat. We even had a modeling shoot at one point. Haha. It was awesome! We found a bright yellow wall and took a gazillion photos in front of it. Afterwards we took a vaparetto (the public transportation boats) to St. Marks but we decided that we didn’t want to go inside until tomorrow. All the girls I was with were going to go to the beach but when we got back to the hotel to change I was so tired and not feeling good so I just stayed in our room and took a 5 hour nap. It felt so good! I needed it. I just was surprised that I slept that long. When I woke up everyone was back from the beach so we went out on the town together. We stopped at the grocery store to get some goodies and then I had some gelato and a kebab for dinner. The kebab was really good. I’ve heard from a lot of people that I needed to try one and I was totally thinking it was going to be one of those things on a stick but it was kind of like a burrito. It took me off guard a little bit! I have no idea what was in it but it was really yummy so I would definitely recommend it. That was basically the end of our night and we just came back and packed our bags. Tomorrow we have most of the day to spend in Venice and then we’re taking an overnight train to Paris which should be fun. I only have one more day in Italy! It seems kinda crazy and I’m a little sad, but I’m excited for the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment