Thursday, July 16, 2009
Day 15-July 16
Amanda and I found a park by the eiffel tower this morning and went running. It felt way good but I can definitely feel myself getting out of shape. At 9:30, after breakfast and all that jazz, we all traveled as a group to see Villa Savoy. It's a house designed by Le Corbusier who was a really famous architect, thus the house is famous. Go figure. It took FOREVER to get there by metro, train, and bus, but it was pretty cool I guess so it was worth it. I thought the outside was sweet but I really wasn't impressed with the interior or the design. It actually really didn't seem very functional and I just could not stand living there. It didn't feel like a home or even a house at all to me. There were a few cool things though. The staircase is genius and it had a garden on the roof which was pretty sweet. We sat outside and sketched it for awhile and then we headed back to Paris to have lunch and hit some more sites.
Villa Savoy
Chillin' in the pony chaise lounge, a famous chair designed by Corbusier. It was super comfy! I did not want to get up. His other furniture was not quite so comfortable.
We went to the Kong restaurant for lunch. It was designed by Phillipe Starck, another famous designer, so we decided we had to check it out. It was a little pricy but way worth it. Best food I've had so far!!! and Amanda and I shared so that helped.
The restaraunt interior...kinda funky...we were on top of a skyscraper and had a sweet view though.
My oh so amazing and incredibly delicious dessert! The first cup was chocolate whipped cream, then dark chocolate ice cream (or something frozen), and then a warm chocolate cake stuff with gooey syrup inside (like hot fudge but better. The stuff in the spoon was chocolate pop rocks. You get a little of everything on one spoonful and it is divine...absolutely to DIE for!!!! This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. hahaha
After the restaurant we went to the Musee de Orsay which was the coolest art museum that I think I've been on this entire trip. I loved it! The paintings and sculptures were just amazing and the display was well done. It was the perfect size too...not overwhelming like the louvre but you definitely got your fill. We saw stuff by Monet, Degas, Russeau, etc. It was way cool.
Then we made our way over to the Arc de Triomphe (a huge roman arch) and walked along the Champs de Lysee on the way there, which is just a really cool street with lots of shopping. It took a really long time to walk along it cuz we stopped a lot but it was cool. The Arc de Triomphe was in the middle of a huge intersection and it took us ten minutes to figure out how to get to it because you have to go down some stairs, through a tunnel under the road and then come out right underneath it. haha. We hiked a bunch of stairs to the top of it and it was a prety cool view. I was so tired though. My legs were totally shaking on the way down and I felt like I was going to pass out. It was definitely a long day but I really did enjoy it. We just came back to the hotel after that and got ready for bed. I think we're to that point in the trip where it feels like it's been a really long time and we're starting to get a little restless for home and are tired of living out of a suitcase and being tired all the time,but we're still having a lot of fun and hopefully we can just keep up our energy and enthusiasm up! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment