lower level of the Sainte Chapelle
The castle looking building on the left is where Mary Antoinette was imprisoned and spent the last few years of her life.
Trying to be modernistic statues in front of the Pompidou
Standing in the pyramid at the LouvreThis morning we went as a group to Sainte Chapelle. It’s a tiny little church but really cool. The walls are almost completely made of stained-glass windows! Then we went to the Pompidou which is a famous modern art museum. I thought the building was way sweet but the museum was really weird, probably because I spent most of my time there on the feminism floor before I figured out there were other exhibits. Oh well. I had a ham and cheese crepe for lunch and it was really yummy but I feel like I’m getting an overload of greasy foods. We went to the Louvre next and it is incredibly gigantic! I was so overwhelmed! There’s just so much in it and it’s so big and full of millions of people that I didn’t really feel like I enjoyed the art. We went through the Napoleonic apartments and those were really cool but after that I just felt like getting out of there. We did see the Mona Lisa and a few famous statues but that’s about it. The Mona Lisa was kind of a disappointment. It is so much tinier in real life and it’s behind so much bullet proof glass and you have to stand so far away from it, that it’s almost better to just look at a copy of it. I guess I can say I’ve seen it now though! We probably only stayed at the Louvre for about an hour. Then Josie needed to go see the French National Library because it’s supposed to be really cool but we couldn’t figure out what was so cool about it. Haha. We rode the metro back to the hotel and then I really needed to go to the ATM but the one near us was broken, so I guess I’ll have to find one tomorrow. Instead, we went and bought pastries at a nearby shop and they were delicious! That’s basically what I ended up eating for dinner. I really need to start doing better about that. We were super tired when we got into the hotel but I ended up doing my laundry and catching up on assignments while Amanda took a nap. I guess I’ll sleep good tonight! I played Egyptian rat screw with Josie and Laura for a few minutes and then we were going to go find a grocery store but once we all got downstairs we realized it was after 10:00 and they would probably all be closed. Better luck tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment