background

Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 26-July 27

This morning began with a chain of unfortunate events. We took the train to Salisbury and spent the day there. Before getting on the train Amanda and I bought a custard filled doughnut at the krispy kreme stand (because we’re really bad at giving into peer pressure and following the crowd). It totally ended up on the floor of the train station before we even ate it. Gross. BUT ten second rule still prevails and we ate it anyways. It was sooo delicious! I was glad I only had half of one though because doughnuts always make me feel gross. The train ride was way long but it was good. I got some book of mormon reading done (I’m trying to finish it before efy…don’t really know how that’s going to happen yet), and then I konked out for the rest of the way. I’ve never slept so good traveling in my life! (not counting the overnight train that we took from Paris, but that’s different because we were lying down) Anyways, when we finally got to Salisbury we were kinda hungry and everyone was getting hot chocolate, with Cadbury chocolate in it no doubt, so I decided to try some!
The lovely train station.
Megan, Kylee, Michelle, and I totally got left behind in the train station because we were the last ones to buy our hot cocoa. So then we were running around the street trying to figure out where our group was and luckily we found them, but a few minutes later I realized that I had spilled hot chocolate all over my new hoodie. Haha! Don’t worry though…Becca is miracle woman and has a little kit in her bag with everything you would possibly need for every situation. I was well taken care of and with a baby wipe and a tide pen I was as good as new again.
This photo is to commemorate us being lost with our hot chocolate and not knowing where to go.
We took a bus to Wilton House and for some reason we got one-way tickets and didn’t realize it so we had to buy another ticket on the way back and it cost a ton! Wilton House is where the Earl of Pembroke lives. It was pretty sweet. They had a bunch of art from famous artists like Van Dyke and stuff and downstairs was one of Thomas Chippendale’s best pieces of furniture. It was cool…it was a big old hutch made for musical instruments but now it’s used as a bookcase. A bunch of movies were filmed in Wilton House, like Pride & Prejudice, and Sense & Sensibility so it was cool to see it because of that. The grounds were beautiful!
This was the most beautiful little bridge on the grounds at Wilton House.
After our tour they gave us strawberry lemonade and pastries and I felt like I was at a tea party. They had the SWEETEST playground in the whole world and we totally went and played there afterwards!!!! It was so awesome and it was totally sized to fit even big people so we had a blast. I felt like I was on swiss family robinson or something! After Wilton House we took the bus to Salisbury Cathedral and we talked to the cutest little old ladies on the way there.
The cathedral was pretty sweet. I’m getting burned out with cathedrals and museums though. When I get back home I will not want to see another one for a while. We got to take a tour and go up into the tower and that was cool. There was an awesome view from the top! Salisbury is a really cute little town. Our tour guide wasn’t super interesting though, or maybe I was just really tired. We tried to find some food for lunch and I ended up just settling for a salad in a cafĂ©. I figured that would be a pretty safe choice and it was pretty healthy so it would make up for all the junk I’ve been eating. It looked way good but it was disgusting! I couldn’t even finish it. It tasted like vomit or something and all of the other girls had bad luck with their food too. Oh well. Josie and I washed it down with some chocolate and went around the nearby shopping mall buying candy and stuff. I definitely failed eating only one treat today. Our next great adventure was Stone Henge.
It was SO cool!!!! I loved it. It’s kind of out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by hay fields and stuff. I was kind of expecting it to be surrounded by hills and stuff and it seemed a little out of place but it was sweet. We didn’t spend very much time there but I’m pretty sure I took at least fifty pictures of it. After Stone Henge we took the train back home to London and Megan told Amanda and I her whole dating story before she got married. She has the cutest stories! I love hearing about people’s love lives. Anyways, we got back pretty late…like 9 or 10, so I stopped in at a little restaurant with Becca, Whitney, and Mallory for dinner and got a doner kebab. It had lamb meat in it which I’m usually kinda sketchy about it was way delicious! I also stopped at the Tesco and picked up some groceries for the next couple of days. After eating we just caught up on blogs and then went to bed. It was a long but exciting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment