background

Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 5-July 6

my favoritest gelataria

yummy yummy pizza! I ate this three days in a row...perhaps a bit much, but it was good

the ponte vecchio

the duomo

train ride to Florence

Today we traveled to Florence on a train and checked into our FABULOUS hotel...pretty sure our room reeks of smoke and who knows what else, and they crammed about as much furniture as they possibly could into the tiniest room you've ever seen. It's basically a hostel. But hey, it's much better than sleeping in some places I've been and at least we have a wicked awesome view. We toured the city for a bit and went around with our tour guide and I already love Florence tons tons tons better than Rome! (not that Rome wasn't cool, but there were a few things that could definitely be improved upon). I love it here! We had the most delicious gelato and pizza for dinner and I've already bought way too many ties. How can I resist?

*PICTURES: (1) eating gelato at the best gelateria in the whole world! (2) eating yummy yummy pizza. It reminded me of tomato soup and cheese sandwiches--definitely comfort food (3) the Ponte Vecchio (main bridge in Florence) (4) the Duomo (5) our lovely train ride

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand. I went tie crazy there too : ) They are just to good to pass up. I am soooo jealous you are in Italy!

    ReplyDelete